Slow-Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos With Cabbage and Radish Slaw
- 3 pounds beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- kosher salt
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1⁄3 medium cabbage)
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- sour cream, pickled jalapeño peppers, and hot sauce, for serving
Adapted from realsimple.com
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the beef, onion, garlic, chipotles, oregano, bay leaves, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Cover and cook until the beef is very tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake until warm, 5 to 10 minutes.
Transfer the beef to a medium bowl (reserve the cooking liquid) and shred, using 2 forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into the bowl with the beef and toss to combine.
Fill the tortillas with the beef and slaw. Serve with the sour cream, jalapeños, hot sauce, and lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Fresh Green Bean Bundles 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese Dip with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- BBQ Roasted Whole Chicken with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef Sliders on Potato... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Moroccan Braised Beef with Root... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sous vide Corned Beef and Cabbage 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Horseradish Glazed Corned Beef 4/5 (1 Votes)