Horseradish Glazed Corned Beef
- Corned Beef:
- 8 lb corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cloves
- N.B. if the corned beef contains a spice packet you may omit the bay leaves, salt and cloves and use that instead
- 1/2 c. dark corn syrup
- 2 tbl. horseradish
The day before serving, prepare the beef
Rinse the beef thoroughly to remove a much salt as possible. Place in a kettle large enough to cover with cold water. All all seasoning and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered until fork tender, about 4–5 hours. Remove from the liquid and remove as much fat as possible.
Prepare the glaze.
Mix the syrup with the horseradish, bring the syrup to a boil, stirring constantly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Preheat the broiler, brush the top and sides with the glaze and broil for about 10 minutes, basting frequently with the glaze.
Slice thin and serve
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheeseburger Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bennigan’s Potato Skins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pinto Bean Chili with Corn and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage Dressing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato and Corn Mash, Pioneer... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Dijon and Cognac Beef Stew 3.8/5 (36 Votes)
- Beef and Mozzarella Baked Rotini 4/5 (22 Votes)