Peanut Butter & Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Kiss Cookies are the perfect thumbprint cookie that combines the flavors of both chocolate and peanut butter to make a sweet treat that goes well for any occasion. Serve these cookies warm out of the oven with a glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee. This recipe makes quite a lot of cookies so this is a great recipe to take to a potluck or bake sale.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, cubed
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 chocolate kisses
- Special equipment: 2 large baking sheets and a stand mixer
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cal.spoonuniversity.com
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Fit a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Place the brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and 1/2 cup sugar into the bowl and mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Once fluffy, add the egg and vanilla extract until incorporated, while still mixing. Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture until just combined, making sure not to over-mix the dough.
Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. In a small bowl, place 2 tablespoons sugar. Roll the dough balls in the sugar. Place the balls on baking sheets, 2-inches apart. Place the baking sheets in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the oven and insert Kisses into the middle of each cookie. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire cooling rack or a room-temperature plate.
You'll also love
- St. Patrick's Day Snack Mix 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana Split Martini 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Jack Frost Martini 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Quark Cream Cake 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Overstuffed Nutters Recipe from... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- No-Bake Muddy Buddies®... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Chocolate-Nut Rugelach 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (28 Votes)