Southern-Style Chicken Salad
The ingredients really make the difference in chicken salad. In this Southern-style chicken salad, only a little mayonnaise is used. To give the salad a flavor lift, mustard and boiled eggs are added. The ingredient that made this salad shine is sweet pickles, which gave the chicken salad a sweet-salty depth. This is chicken salad you’ll probably like eating, especially when slathered on toasted bread. This fantastic recipe is from Steve of Taste of Southern.
- 4 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 cup Celery, minced
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Boiled Egg, chopped fine.
- 1/2 cup Onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from awesomehomerecipes.com
Chop chicken as desired and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
Wash celery stalks under cool water, chop very fine.
Add chopped celery to mixing bowl.
Add the chopped onions.
Add sweet pickle relish.
Add a little sugar if desired.
Add black pepper.
Add the chopped boiled egg.
Stir mixture well, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.
Serve cool and enjoy!
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Banana Bread... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- English Muffin & Asparagus Bake 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- The BEST Skinny Ranch Dressing (3... 3.8/5 (133 Votes)
- Colorful Spring Quinoa Bowl 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken, Pomegranate & Cashew... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Mango Chicken Salad with Smoky Mayo 4.7/5 (7 Votes)