Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Yield: 9 Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- One standard package of active dry yeast (7g)
- 2 1/2 cups of bread flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar spice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- extra pumpkin pie spice for sprinkling*
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Adapted from amandaslittlebakery.blogspot.com
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Microwave the milk and butter together so that the butter is just melted enough (2 min)
3. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together the light brown sugar and pumpkin puree.
4. Add in the butter-milk mixture until the ingredients are combined
5. Slowly beat in the egg and pour the yeast into the mixture.
6. Add in the spices
7. Little by little (by 1/2 cups), add in the flour. Do this slowly so that the flour is well mixed.
8. Mix the dough until it is sticky and soft
9. Grab a large bowl and spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray.
10. Place the dough inside of the bowl and spray the top of the dough with cooking spray.
11. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
12. Turn the oven off. Place the dough in the oven while it is cooling down.
13. Let the dough rise for 75-90 minutes
14. Take the dough out of the oven (it should be double the size you had last seen it)
15. Punch the dough so that it deflates.
Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
16. On a lightly floured surface knead the dough. (Since the dough is soft, you will need to add 1/4 cup of flour when kneading DO NOT ADD MORE AFTER THAT
17. Roll the dough out into a 16x10 inch rectangle
18. Melt the 4 tablespoons of butter and brush the butter onto the top of the rectangle (leave a little bit of melted butter in a bowl.
19. Spread the dry ingredients onto the dough.
Make sure everything is spread evenly
20. Roll the dough (widthwise so that it is a 16 inch long log.)
21. With the remaining butter, coat the log.
22. Cut the log into 9 even pieces (1.5-2 inches each)
23. Coat a Pie pan (9 inch pan) with cooking spray.
24. Put the rolls into the pan. Make sure they are facing up and are evenly spaced.
25. Sprinkle a little bit of Pumpkin Pie Spice on top of the rolls.
26. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and put it in the oven. Turn the oven off so that it is cooling down, this makes the rolls rise. Let them rise for 60 minutes.
27. Once the rolls have finished rising, take them out of the oven and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
28. Remove the plastic wrap from the pie pan.
29. Once the oven is fully heated, place the pan in the oven and bake the rolls for 28-30 minutes.
30. While the rolls are baking, make the glaze.
31. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix together all of the ingredients (powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk) until the glaze is creamy.
*To thin the glaze, add more milk. To make the glaze thicker, add more powdered sugar.*
32. Once the rolls have finished baking, place them onto a cooling rack.
33. While the rolls are hot, spread the glaze on top of the rolls.
34. Cut out the rolls from the pan. These are best when they are warm. But, the flavor enhances after and hour or two if you want to wait. These cuties last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Just pop them in the microwave whenever you wish to have one
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)