Shrimp and Bacon Pizza
Buying peeled and deveined shrimp minimizes prep. Cutting the shrimp into smaller pieces ensures that they cook quickly.
- 4 4
- Cook the bacon only partway in the skillet or it will overcook in the oven. Dry the shrimp thoroughly before combining them with the other ingredients.
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4 1/2-inch slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 12 to 20 3/4-inch and deveined jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 2 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1 1 pound pizza dough
- 6 6 1/2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 2 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
Adapted from cookscountry.com
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees. Brush rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil. Cook bacon in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until partially cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to paper towel–lined plate. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and toss with onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
2. On lightly floured counter, roll dough into 16 by 9-inch oval (about 1/4 inch thick) and transfer to prepared sheet. Sprinkle mozzarella over dough. Spread shrimp mixture over cheese and top with bacon. Bake until shrimp are cooked through and crust is browned, about 13 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve.
You'll also love
- Key Lime Mustard Sauce Olivia's,... 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberry Mango Jelly With Cream 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Surf & Turf: Steak Oscar with... 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloin with... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp Fajita Fettuccine 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Scott Peacock's Pulled Pork 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Canadian Bacon & Pasta 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Shrimp Chow Mei Fun 4.6/5 (9 Votes)