Smoked Salmon "Tartare" On New Potato Slices
- FOR TARTARE:
- 6 red potatoes, 1 1/2" to 2" dia (abt 3/4 lb)
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Slice potatoes into 24 (1/4-inch-thick) rounds. In a vegetable steamer, set over boiling water steam 1 layer of potato slices, covered, until tender, 5 to 10 minutes, and cool completely. Steam remaining slices in same manner. Potato slices may be steamed 1 day ahead and kept in a sealed plastic bag, chilled. Bring potato slices to room temperature before proceeding with recipe.
To make Tartare: In a bowl stir together tartare ingredients and salt and pepper, to taste.
To assemble hors d'oeuvres: Brush tops of potato slices with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Top each slice with a heaping 1/2 teaspoon Tartare and a small dollop sour cream.
This recipe yields 24 hors d'oeuvres.
You'll also love
- Smoked Corn Cakes With Diablo Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skewered Lamb With Mint Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi With Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pesto Crusted Salmon Fillet With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- O'Brien Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New Potatoes In Chive Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Halibut On Radish Sprout... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herbed New Potatoes II 0/5 (0 Votes)