Sausage And Potatoes Alla Contadina
- 1 1/2 pounds Fresh Homemade Sausage (see recipe) (or Italian style from your butcher)
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 Russet potatoes scrubbed, skin on, cut 1" cubes, in cold water to cover
- 2 large Spanish onions cut 1" cubes
- 2 dried hot chilies - (abt 2" to 3" long)
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 garlic head cloves removed
- but not peeled
- 6 ounces dry white wine
Pre-heat your broiler and oven to 400 degrees.
Prick the sausages all over with a pin and place them in a roasting pan. Place them under a broiler and cook for 3 minutes. Turn the sausages over and continue to cook for another three minutes. Remove from the broiler and drain all the fat. Set aside.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil until just smoking. Drain the potatoes well and place them in a hot pan. Add the onions and saute until they are both lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chilies, rosemary, whole garlic cloves and white wine. Saute one minute more, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen the browned bits.
Place the sausage on top of the potatoes and place in hot oven. Roast the mixture until the potatoes are very tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Trout Piemontese Style 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pear Capriccio With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peaches In Primitivo Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin With Whiskey Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 'Tomato Time' Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab-Spinach Souffle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Saltimbocca 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet And Sour Cabbage And Smoked... 0/5 (0 Votes)