Winter Salad with Roasted Squash and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 3/4 lb- 1lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 cups torn frisee(or curly endive)
- 2 cups torn radicchio
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Vinaigrette(see below)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp pistachios(or walnuts), toasted 10 minutes in a cast-iron skillet and coarsely chopped
1.Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
2. Spread in a single layer and sprinkle with thyme; season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake, stirring once or twice, until fork-tender, 25 minutes. Let cool.
4. Place lettuces and squash in a bowl. Add vinaigrette and gently toss.
Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and nuts
1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses( homemade preferred)
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme ( or finely chopped fresh tarragon)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup extra- virgin olive oil
Mix shallot, pomegranate molasses, vinegar, lemon juice, thyme and salt in a bowl. Whisk in oil, then 2 tsp water.