Gilfeather Turnip Soup With Spinach
- 1/4 pound butter
- 3 pounds Gilfeather turnip peeled, chopped
- 4 large onions chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds spinach stemmed, washed
Melt the butter in a 5-quart kettle and puree them in a food processor. When pureed, put through a food mill or sieve, then return sieved mixture to the pot.
Add half-and-half, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add water if soup is too thick. Adjust seasoning.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.2/5 (661 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Water Spinach With... 0/5 (0 Votes)