Roast Chicken and Asparagus Salad
- 1 (3-3 1/2 lb) whole chicken
- 5 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 lb snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, shaved
preheat oven to 425. pat chicken dry and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. place chicken on a roasting pan; roast in oven until temperature inserted in thickest part reads 165, about 55 mins to 1 hour, 10mins. let cool. remove meat from bones and coarsely shred. discard bones, skin and fat. while chicken cooks, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, sugar and 1 tsp each of the salt and pepper in a bowl. gradually add 1 cup olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until emulsified. set aside.
bring a large pot of salted water to a boil,and prepare an ice bath. blanch asparagus and snap peas in boiling water for 30 seconds. using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to ice bath to stop the cooking. drain and discard water.
reduce oven temp to 350. stir together almonds, sunflower seeds,paprika, cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt and remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl until well coated. spread in a even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake until golden brown and fragrant, 8 to 10 mins.
combine lettuce, snow peas, shredded chicken, blanched vegetables, and remaining 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper in a large bowl. drizzle with 1 cup of the vinigarette; toss to coat. divide among serving bowls; sprinkle with toasted nut mix and shaved parmesan.
You'll also love
- Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Orzo Dinner with Cheesy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breast a la Rose 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Italian asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Zest Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Beer Can Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Hot Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)