Bacon & Egg Breakfast Casserole
I like to make this delicious breakfast casserole for sausage as well to mix things up every once in awhile! You could even make it with both meats!
- 1 cup hashbrowns, frozen
- 2 slices white or wheat bread, cubed
- 4 slices bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, small diced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, small diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato, diced
- 3 eggs or egg substitute equivalent, beaten
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, monterey jack or cheddar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from justapinch.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place 1 cup of frozen hashbrowns on the bottom of a sprayed 8x8 baking pan. Top with 2 slices cubed white or wheat bread. Sprinkle onions, tomato, bell pepper, bacon and cheese on top of hashbrowns and bread.
In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Pour mixture into the baking dish on top of hashbrown mixture and toppings and gently press down.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until knife comes out clean and cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Caramel Filled Apples 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Sausage Gravy 3.9/5 (216 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.2/5 (114 Votes)
- Mojo Pork Chops with Grilled... 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown... 4.6/5 (73 Votes)
- Cowboy Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- BREAKFAST CASSEROLE 4.5/5 (66 Votes)