Banana Leche Flan
Banana leche flan with caramel drizzled on top is always a good dessert! Enjoy!
- 1 (15 ouce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 aluminum molds (llanera) for leche flan
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
In a small bowl, mix thoroughly sugar & water and pour into the molds equally. Heat molds with sugar and water mixture on low fire until the sugar is caramelized. Set aside and let cool.
Note: The caramelized mixture should solidify once totally cooled.
In a bowl, mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla, mashed banana, a dash of cinnamon and pinch of salt manually or by blender.
Pour gently the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum molds to about 1 1/4 inch thick.
Cover molds individually with aluminum foil. Steam for about 30 minutes OR bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To tell whether the leche flan is already cooked, insert a knife on the mixture and if it comes out clean then the flan is already cooked.
Let cool and keep refrigerated.
How to serve: Run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and turn upside down.
You'll also love
- Beef Stew 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Chilli Rellenos 4.3/5 (126 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Mom's Southern Coconut Cake 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Vegan Whole Wheat Bourbon Banana... 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- Banana Flan 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Kahlua Flan 5/5 (1 Votes)