If you're looking for an impressive dessert to serve that won't take a lot of time to make, you've simply got to learn how to make flan.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14-ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh banana slices, if desired
Cooking time 290mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook sugar over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until melted and light caramel in color. Pour into 10 (6-ounces) custard cups. Place on cooling rack to cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg white with electric mixer on medium speed or whisk until well blended. Stir in water, condensed milk, bananas, vanilla, and salt. Pour over sugar mixture in custard cups. Place in two 13x9-inch pans. Carefully pour very hot water into each pan until about halfway up sides of custard cups.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Carefully remove cups from water. Cool 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate. Chill 3 to 8 hours. To unmold, run a knife around edge of custard to loosen; turn upside down onto a serving plate. Garnish with remaining ingredients.
1 Seving Calories270 ( Calories from Fat50), % Daily Value Total Fat6g6% (Saturated Fat3g,3% Trans Fat0g0% ), Cholesterol100mg100%; Sodium110mg110%; Total Carbohydrate47g47% (Dietary Fiber0g0% Sugars44g44% ), Protein6g6%
You'll also love
- Baked Potato Slices 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Pineapple-Mango Green Smoothie 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake in a... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Sand Pudding 4.1/5 (67 Votes)
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Bananas 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies 4.5/5 (46 Votes)