Thai shrimp and coconut rice
- 284 ml can undiluted chicken broth
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 398 ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and salt
- 1-2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted rice ( must be converted rice )
- 340 g bag frozen peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 lime
1. Pour chicken broth into slow cooker, then whisk in curry paste until dissolved. Whisk in coconut milk, water, coriander and salt. Stir in peppers, onion & rice.
2. Cover & cook until rice is tender, 2 hrs on high or 4 hrs on low. Then place frozen shrimp in a sieve. Rinse with cold water. Stir into rice. Cover & cook until warm, about 15 minutes. Stir in juice from half a lime. Slice other half into wedges to serve with rice. Best easten same day it's made, but will keep well for a day.
May freshen up by stirring in 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or coriander. Add strips of mango.
You'll also love
- Lipton Onion Roasted Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Portobello Burgers with Blue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 5-Minute Creamy Coconut Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sautéed Chicken with Olives,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TUNA Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Avocado Crab Mornay 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers over White... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Fried Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)