Thai shrimp and coconut rice
- 284 ml can undiluted chicken broth
- 1-1 1/2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 398 ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and salt
- 1-2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked converted rice ( must be converted rice )
- 340 g bag frozen peeled cooked shrimp
- 1 lime
1. Pour chicken broth into slow cooker, then whisk in curry paste until dissolved. Whisk in coconut milk, water, coriander and salt. Stir in peppers, onion & rice.
2. Cover & cook until rice is tender, 2 hrs on high or 4 hrs on low. Then place frozen shrimp in a sieve. Rinse with cold water. Stir into rice. Cover & cook until warm, about 15 minutes. Stir in juice from half a lime. Slice other half into wedges to serve with rice. Best easten same day it's made, but will keep well for a day.
May freshen up by stirring in 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or coriander. Add strips of mango.
You'll also love
- Hamburger Cabbage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- salmon alfredo with capers & chives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Applewood Julep 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish (Honey-Pecan Crusted Walleye) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Grouper with Crab 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Oreganata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Green Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)