Roasted Cabbage with Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 red cabbage, (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cabbage into 12 wedges; remove thick core and discard. Pull wedges apart; toss on a large rimmed baking sheet with oil, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2. Cover sheet tightly with foil. Bake until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove foil; continue cooking, tossing occasionally, until tender and browned in spots, 20 to 25 minutes more. Toss with vinegar.