Boiled Ham & Cabbage Dinner
- Smoked Pork Shoulder
- Whole carrots, approximately 15
- Pearl Onions, approximately 20
- Potatoes, approximately 8
- Head of Cabbage, cored and chopped or quartered
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 100mins
1. Place the pork into a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 min to an hour.
2. Add the carrots and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
3. Add the onion and potatoes and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
4. Remove the pork to let cool a little and add the cabbage and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
4. Cut the pork into pieces. Return pork to pot until ready to serve. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.