Country Chicken Bacon Pot Pie
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots (from 16-oz bag), thawed, drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Green Giant® cream style sweet corn
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11x7-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place cookie sheet on lowest oven rack to catch any spills.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11x7-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place cookie sheet on lowest oven rack to catch any spills.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
Cook chicken, salt and pepper in bacon drippings over medium-high heat 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and chicken is no longer pink in center.
Stir in carrots, corn, broth and mustard. Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in bacon. Spoon into casserole.
Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll and cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lay 3 longest strips lengthwise over filling. Lay remaining 4 strips crosswise, trimming to fit pan. Brush crust strips with milk.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Sprinkle cheese evenly over crust strips. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley.
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, if desired
You'll also love
- Hawaiian Beef Curry Stew 3.7/5 (57 Votes)
- Tamale Pie 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Rachael Ray's Muffin Tin Eggs n... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Olallieberry Pie & The Barefoot... 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Air Fried Panko Chicken 3.8/5 (40 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon, Asparagus, Chicken... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Curry 4.2/5 (9 Votes)