Creamy Lemon, Asparagus, Chicken Pasta
Tender cuts of asparagus and grilled chicken breast strips with pasta in a creamy lemon sauce. Be ready to serve up seconds of this delicious dish!
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, grilled and cut into strips
- 1 pound asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces linguine pasta (spaghetti or fettuccine will also work)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Lemon slices, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from dinneratthezoo.com
Set your grill to high heat.
Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken breasts until done. To check for doneness, the safest and surest method is to use a digital meat thermometer. Insert the tip into the thickest part of the breast and when the internal temperature reaches 165°F, remove it from the grill. and slice into strips, set aside.
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Add the asparagus to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
In a small pot, combine the heavy cream, butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and remove from the heat.
Place the pasta and asparagus back into the pot you cooked them in along with the grilled chicken breasts cut into strips.
Pour the cream sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly, adding pasta water if needed to thin the sauce.
Stir the parmesan cheese into the pasta. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices if desired.
You'll also love
- Crab & Ricotta Cannelloni 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken... 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Pollo Loco - Mexican Chicken and... 3.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Asian Style Chicken Strips with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Edamame with Lemon 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach and Brie Chicken with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup 3.8/5 (44 Votes)