Baked Red Snapper With Cucumber Sauce
- 1 whole red snapper - (abt 3 lbs)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups boiled shrimp chopped
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms sauteed in butter
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon rind
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 anchovies mashed
- (or 1 tspn anchovy paste)
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch basil
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cans Chalet Suzanne Cucumber Soup
- Parsley for garnish
Salt and pepper red snapper inside and out. Combine all ingredients except the cucumber soup. Add 1/4 to 1/3 of the soup to the mixture, enough to moisten.
Stuff fish cavity with dressing. Put remaining dressing in greased baking dish. Pour cucumber soup over the fish.
Bake fish and dressing at 350 degrees, basting the fish frequently until the fish is white and leaves bone easily. Do not overcook.
To serve, place fish on serving platter and garnish with dressing and parsley.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (69 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Brandy Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops With Maple Mustard Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)