Slow Cooker Red Snapper Veracruz for Two
this sauce is rich with onion, garlic, cinnamon, tomatoes, olives and capers. Use Red Snapper if you can find it, but cod and other white fish fillets will work well too......................4 WW smart points per serving
Rate this recipe 4/5 (11 Votes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 table spoon capers
- 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 six ounce red snapper fillets, or other white fish.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 450mins
1. Combine all the ingredients except the lemon juice and snapper in the slow cooker.
cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
2. Stir in the lemon juice, and then place the snapper in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Serve Immediately .
You'll also love
- One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage with Fennel... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Crab Meat appetizers 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Salad with Isabel Tuna 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spanish Tortilla with Tuna 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Corn Meal Crusted Red Snapper 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe