Spanish-Style Snapper with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Pan cooked Spanish-style snapper with red pepper sauce made by processing soaked bread, red bell peppers, sherry vinegar, and spices. A simple and flavorful weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 ounce cubed sourdough bread
- 1 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) skin-on snapper fillets or skinless catfish or tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place bread in a small bowl; cover with water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Combine soaked bread, bell peppers, sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, paprika, ground red pepper, and garlic in the bowl of a mini food processor; process until smooth.
Cut 3 1/4-inch-deep slits in the skin of each fillet. Sprinkle flesh side of fillets evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add fillets, skin side down, to pan; cook 6 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Place 1 fillet on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 tablespoons red pepper mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
You'll also love
- Cornish Pasty 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jicama, Citrus and Watercress Salad 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Corn and Spinach Tower with Isabel... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crispy Breaded Tilapia with... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Ottoman Empire Burger with Roasted... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Margherita Pizza with Roasted Red... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
Review this recipe