Lemon Cucumber Pickles
Lemon cucumber pickles are perfect to make when your harvest is bountiful. Quick and easy to make, and delicious to eat!
- 8 pounds lemon cucumbers, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup kosher or pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole star anise
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from google.com
Slice the cucumbers.
Simmer the cider vinegar, water and spices until fragrant. Pour over cucumbers in a glass or non-reactive bowl. You can put them in mason jars.
Let sit until cool; refrigerate.
You'll also love
- Bisquick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 3.8/5 (26 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Beef with Snow Peas Stir Fry -... 3.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemony one pan orecchiette with... 3.8/5 (60 Votes)
- Cabbage Roll Casserole 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pickled Egg Salad Crostini with... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Ahi Tuna Tartare 4.1/5 (38 Votes)
- Cucumber Collins 4/5 (4 Votes)