Individual Foil Packets of Grilled Garlic Potatoes
These simple potatoes are so much more than the sum of their parts. Adding just the right amount of butter and garlic, and cooking them slowly in packages, transforms them into potatoes that are crisp and golden on the bottom and yet steamed to tenderness on the top. Put them on the barbecue first, and then move them onto an upper shelf to keep warm while you grill the fish and veggies. Patience is the key to perfect potatoes—if in doubt you can always peek into the packages.
- 2 ½ lbs (1.25 kg) Yukon Gold potatoes,
- thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped garlic
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat barbecue on medium-high heat.
2. Place six 12 x 12-inch (30 x 30-cm) squares of aluminum foil on the counter. Divide sliced potatoes between pieces of aluminum, fanning the slices in a straight line. Sprinkle garlic overtop potatoes, dot with pieces of butter and season well with salt. Roll and fold foil to fully enclose packages of potatoes. Place foil packages on barbecue and grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden on the bottom and fully cooked through.
You'll also love
- Steak with Roasted Red Pepper and... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- White and Dark Chocolate Raspberry... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- French Onion Soup - Mimi's 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Moussaka (Eggplant and Lamb... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Taco Potatoes 4.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)
- San Francisco Garlic Fries 4.5/5 (40 Votes)