These classic Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies are always a favorite. Easy to make and easier to eat! They are absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in oats and raisins.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons or tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Or drop dough using a cookie scoop or 1/4-cup measure 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake in the preheated oven about 8 minutes for spoon-size portions (bake about 12 minutes for cookie-scoop or 1/4-cup portions) or until edges are light brown and centers appear set. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
Loaded Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies:
Prepare as directed, except reduce butter to 1/2 cup and beat 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/4 cup milk with butter. Omit raisins. Stir in 1/2 cup red and green candy-coated peanut butter pieces or white baking pieces, and 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried tart cherries.
You'll also love
- Beignets d’Huîtres au Champagne... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef Hunter Style Grillades 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cucumber Gin Spritzers 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan Fries 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Orange and Ginger Smoothie Recipe... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Oatmeal Spiced Raisin Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)