Eggplant Parmesan Fries
This recipe makes 4 Servings
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Marinara sauce, store-bought marinara or homemade, optional
Arrange the oven’s baking racks evenly in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray each with cooking spray.
Cut off both ends of the eggplant, and then cut the eggplant in half width-wise. Slice eggplant lengthwise into ½-inch-thick by 3-inch-long sticks.
Place flour onto a dish. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the eggs until combined (this is important in order to get an even coating). In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil, and stir to combine.
Dredge the eggplant slices lightly in the flour and tap gently to remove excess. Then, working in batches, dunk the floured eggplant fries into the egg to coat, and then toss in the seasoned breadcrumb-Parmesan mixture, pressing gently to make sure it adheres.
Place the fries on the prepared baking sheets, leaving space between the fries. Bake for 15 minutes, turn the fries over, rotate the baking sheets, and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides. Serve with warm spicy tomato marinara sauce for dunking, if desired.
You'll also love
- Gooey and Cheesy Warm Bacon Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey-Barbecue Turkey Meatloaf 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Orange and Ginger Smoothie Recipe... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Whole-Grain Herbed Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato-Pancetta Meat Sauce 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Red Potatoes 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Best Skinny Eggplant Rollatini... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)