Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake
This cake is heavy and rather dense. But, it's sooooo good!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 12 oz. fresh strawberries (3 cups. whole)
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup strawberries, pureed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugar; add eggs one at a time; stir in lemon juice. Alternately mix in flour and sour cream.
3. Throw the strawberries in the food processor and pulse a couple of times. Now, stir them into the cake batter.
4. Pour into the bundt pan. Place in oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan - on a rack - for 20 minutes. Then, turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
1. Place pureed strawberries in small saucepan over medium heat. Boil, stirring often until reduced by about half. This should take about 20 minutes. Cool.
2. Beat butter until fluffly; add vanilla.
3. Mix in powdered sugar - 1 cup at a time. If you want the icing thicker, then add more until you get it to the right consistency.
4. Mix in the strawberries. Spread over cake when cooled.
You'll also love
- Cucumber Gin Spritzers 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Orange and Ginger Smoothie Recipe... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Cranberry and Orange Juice... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Raspberry Lime Sangria 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- French Strawberry Cake 4.3/5 (32 Votes)