- For Sweet Buttery Crust
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used Lubella, but all-purpose is fine)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons cream (heavy or light cream will do. If you have none on hand, full fat milk is fine)
- For Peach Filling
- 5 peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
In a bowl, gently toss together sliced peaches, vanilla, starch and sugar. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Whisk in one egg until the mixture is crumbly.
Add cold butter and shortening. Mix with hands until a soft dough begins to form.
Add cream one teaspoon at a time - the amount of cream may vary.
Form into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a flat surface, flour a sheet of parchment paper. Roll out chilled dough into a circle about ¼-inch thick.
Spoon peaches into the center and gently use the parchment paper to fold over the edges of the dough (this is a very delicate dough). Lift the parchment paper to transfer the galette onto a cookie sheet.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the center is bubbling and the edges are golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
If desired serve with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Deep-Fried Banana with Chocolate &... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic Potato Salad (adapted for... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Cranberry Whole Wheat... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Magic Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Swiss Chard and Mushroom Galette 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry & Cream Cheese Galette 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe