Apple Cheesecake Napoleons
These lovely desserts are impressive but really easy to make. They're like apple pies smashed with cheesecakes, then made beautiful.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 cups apples, diced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Caramel ice cream topping for garnish
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
Thaw puff pastry on counter according to package directions (takes about 30-40 minutes).
Heat oven to 400°F.
Unfold pastry and cut along the two seems into 3 rectangles. Then cut horizontally, creating 6 pieces. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly browned.
Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, slice in half lengthwise through the center. Set aside or store in airtight container until ready to assemble.
For the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and cream together for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Set aside, or refrigerate until ready to assemble.
While thawing the puff pastry, peel and dice the apples until you have 4 cups. Place in a large saucepan with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. While stirring, bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to medium and cook for 5-8 minutes, until apples are fork tender. Remove from heat and cool. Once cooled, assemble napoleons or refrigerate apple mixture until ready to assemble.
Open all the puff pastries and evenly divide the cream cheese mixture on the bottom "bun". Top with caramel apple mixture. Place puff pastry tops on and sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. For added caramel flavor, drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce! Serve immediately after assembling!
You'll also love
- Cherry cheese Danish breakaway 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cups 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake Mix Donuts 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Mac & Cheese Cups 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- The Tarted-Up Tart 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Crock Pot Oatmeal 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cinnamon Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)