Shallot Turkey Gravy
- Golden Turkey Stock (see other recipe)
- 1 sage sprig
- Turkey drippings
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 TBS olive oil or butter
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS chopped sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Adapted from foodandwine.com
1. Make Golden Turkey stock ahead of time, but substitute parsley, bay leaves, and thyme with sage sprig.
2. Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour turkey drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into measuring cup, stopping before fat layer reaches opening.
3. Place Golden Turkey Stock in a small bowl. Add enough drippings to measure 4 cups. Discard remaining drippings. Add flour to drippings mixture; stir well with a whisk.
4. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots to pan; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in stock mixture and salt; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in chopped sage and pepper.
Makes 12 servings (serving size = 1/4 cup gravy)
You'll also love
- Rhubarb and Raspberry Crostata 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheeto-Crusted Fish 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Bacon, Brussels... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Basic Turkey Gravy 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Crispy Butternut Squash Spinach... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- The Ultimate Green Bean Casserole... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)