- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Cheetos or other crunchy, cheese-flavored corn snacks
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp parsley flakes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 (4 oz) firm, white fish fillets (e.g., tilapia or cod)
- Canola oil
Adapted from publix.com
1. Place flour on plate (may be paper); place eggs in shallow bowl. Place Cheetos in large zip-top bag; seal tightly and crush with fingertips until finely ground. Add panko, parsley, coriander, and pepper; mix until well-blended. Place mixture in second shallow bowl.
2. Dip each fillet in flour, coating both sides; shake off excess. Dip each fillet into egg, allowing excess to drip off. Finally, dip into Cheeto mixture, coating both sides; press with fingertips to coat evenly.
3. Preheat oil for frying in large sauté pan on medium heat. Add 1/2 of the fish fillets; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp. Place on paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining fillets, adding more oil if needed. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.