Simple & Perfect Beef Tenderloin - Cook's Illustrated
I made this dinner for Christmas Eve. Cook's Illustrated is the source for this recipe, which turned out moist and flavorful.
- 2pound2 pound beef tenderloin , center-cut, silver skin removed, tied at even intervals
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Let the tenderloin sit at room temperature, covered, for 1 hour before roasting.
Adjust an oven rack to the upper-middle position and preheat the oven to 425°F. Pat the tenderloin dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Brown the tenderloin on all sides, reducing the heat if the fat begins to smoke, about 10 minutes.
Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the tenderloin until the center registers 125°F on an instant-read thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes, flipping it over halfway through the roasting time.
Remove the tenderloin from the oven and transfer to a carving board. Cover with foil and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
I liked to serve this with a bernaise sauce. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Rotisserie Chicken Club Wrap 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Sunday Gravy with Meatballs and... 3.8/5 (32 Votes)
- Strufoli - Italian Honey Balls 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Peach Pie Moonshine 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Buddy's Famous Chicken Wings -... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- MEMPHIS SMOKED SIRLOIN ROAST 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- Beef with Snow Peas Stir Fry -... 3.7/5 (31 Votes)