Braised Chicken Thighs & Roast Broccolini with Feta
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 lemons - 1 sliced, 1 juiced (about 4 tbsp)
- 1 small head garlic (7 to 8 cloves), peeled and sliced
- 1 small chile pepper, chopped, or 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 sprig oregano, leaves stripped and chopped (about 1 tbsp), or 1 tsp dried oregano, preferably Greek
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 bundles broccolini or baby broccoli, ends trimmed
- 4 oz. feta, preferably Greek, drained and crumbled (about 1 cup)
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 450F.
2. Heat a large cast-iron or deep skillet over medium-high. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, two turns of the pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook, turning once, until browned, 7 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
3. Add the sliced lemon, half the sliced garlic, and the chile and oregano to the skillet and stir for 1 minute. Add the wine, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Return the chicken to the skillet; spoon the pan juices over the thighs. Partially cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add the parsley and lemon juice.
4. Meanwhile, on a baking sheet, arrange the broccolini in a single layer. Toss with 2 to 3 Tbsp olive oil and the remaining garlic; season. Roast until the tips of the florets are browned and crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Divide chicken among plates. Top with lemon slices and pan juices. Serve with the broccolini topped with feta.
You'll also love
- BEERY CHORIZO QUESO FUNDIDO 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Green Beans Vinaigrette 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Barbecued Green Beans 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Irish Lamb & Turnip Stew 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Broccolini 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Mexican Smothered Chicken Thighs... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheddar Barbeque Chicken Breasts 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS, POTATOES &... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)