Italian Grilled Zucchini and Red Onion
This simple side dish is tastiest at room temperature, so it's an ideal make ahead. Any leftovers would be good the next day for lunch with couscous.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- (about 1 large)
- 2 pounds small zucchini, cut
- lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black
- pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup, about 2 ounces, shaved fresh
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large
bowl. Sprinkle zucchini mixture with
1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until zucchini is tender and vegetables are well marked. Remove zucchini from grill; reduce grill heat to medium-low. Grill onion an additional 5 minutes or until tender. Combine zucchini, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheese, and mint.
You'll also love
- Gingered Onion and Beef Soup with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Savory Mini Muffins with Goat... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Sourdough Pineapple Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dill Chicken and Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FONDANT POTATOES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Puff Pastry Purses with Zucchini,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini, California Zucchini Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)