Strawberry and Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad from Closet Cooking
A fresh spring strawberry salad with balsamic glazed grilled chicken, bacon, goat cheese and pecans dressed in a roasted strawberry balsamic, poppyseed, or balsamic vinegarette dressing. The balsamic marinade really adds to this salad.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette (I used aged balsamic, lemon infused olive oil (1 TBSP)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups arugula or spring mix
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans (350 in oven 6 minutes) or candied pecans(1 Tbsp. butter, 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup, 1/4 tsp cinnamon melted in microwave, tossed with 2 1/2 ounces pecans and baked in 350 degree oven about 5 minutes or just until they start to brown, they burn easily so watch careful)
- 1/4 roasted strawberry balsamic vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette
Place the chicken and balsamic vinaigrette in a large ziplock bag and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to over night.
Heat the grill or a grill pan over medium heat and brush it with oil.
Place the chicken on the grill until cooked, about 2-4 minutes per side and set aside for 15 minutes or so.
Slice the chicken and assemble the salad and enjoy!