Jell-O 'Deviled' Eggs
There's always room for Jell-O!! Jiggler gelatin is molded in egg molds, refrigerated until set, sliced in half lengthwise, then filled with cream cheese filling. These fun and festive Easter Jell-O treats are perfect for your Easter feast this year and be sure to get the kids in the kitchen for this recipe, they're going to love creating these colorful Easter eggs!
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 (3-ounce) package of Jell-O gelatin, bright colors like yellow, bright blue, orange, green, and red recommended
- 3/4 cup of boiling water for each 3-ounce package of Jell-O
- egg molds
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip, thawed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 420mins
In 4 separate small bowls, empty a 3-ounce package of Jell-O powder in each bowl. Pour 3/4 cup boiling water in each of the bowls and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
Lightly coat egg molds with cooking spray. I sprayed a little onto a paper plate then dipped my finger in it and applied to the molds.
Fill egg molds with the liquid Jell-O. Refrigerate overnight.
Carefully open the egg molds and remove the eggs. Using a chef's knife and one continuous movement, slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Place on a serving plate.
Using a melon baller, scoop a small amount of the Jell-O from the larger end of the egg halves.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
Beat the cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Fold in the Cool Whip with a spatula. Transfer mixture to a zip-top plastic bag and cut off one corner to pipe the filling into the egg indentions. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Herbed Goat Cheese Spread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Lobster Crostini with Buttery... 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Hoppy Easter Bunny Dirt Cake 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Chef John's Party Cheese Puffs 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Easter Jell-O Deviled Egg Treat 4.1/5 (55 Votes)
- Hard-Boiled Eggs in an 8-Quart... 3.2/5 (12 Votes)