Clean Eating Cabbage Soup
"This Cabbage Detox Soup is loaded with all sorts of veggies, black beans and lots of yummy seasonings! ... inspired by the Cabbage Soup Diet."--Kaylee Pauley, Author
Nutritional facts (per 2-cup serving): Calories: 184; Fat: .3; Saturated fat: 0; Unsaturated fat: .2; Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 39.8 Sugar: 14.9 Sodium: 470.8 Fiber: 9 Protein: 7.5 Cholesterol: 0
- 2 medium sweet onions, diced
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, chopped (approx 3 cups)
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped (approx 3 cups)
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Suggested Topping: Aged Cheddar Cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from lemonsandbasil.com
1. Add diced onions, chopped peppers, and minced garlic to large pot, spray with coconut oil cooking spray and cook on medium heat for approximately 5-7 minutes.
2. Add chopped cabbage (both colors) to onion and peppers, stir to combine well and cook 4-5 minutes.
3. Add sweet potatoes and carrots and cook another 3-4 minutes.
4. Then add turnips, vegetable broth, tomatoes, black beans and all seasonings and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Turn burner down to low and allow soup to simmer 20-30 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked to your preference and flavor has blended.
You'll also love
- Pork and Rice Meatball Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chia-Crusted Oven-Roasted Tuna... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Yam & Kale Salad 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Red cabbage 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Dolly Parton's Cabbage Soup 3.9/5 (60 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)