Grilled Pork Loin With Southwestern Pesto Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely-shredded lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless pork top loin roast
- SOUTHWESTERN PESTO SAUCE:
- 4 ounces grated parmesean cheese
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded, and cut into quarters
- 2 cans diced green chiles - (4 oz ea) drained
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprigs - (lightly-packed)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves - (lightly-packed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Roast: Combine lime peel, lime juice, oil, garlic, cilantro, pepper and salt. Place pork roast in a plastic bag set into a deep bowl. Pour marinade over meat in the bag. Seal bag, turn to coat well. marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
Remove meat from bag, reserve marinade. Grill over medium heat on roast rack over drip pan approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 160 to 170 degrees, brushing occasionally with the reserved marinade. Serve with the Southwestern Pesto Sauce.
Southwestern Pesto Sauce: Place garlic, and jalepeño in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until finely grated. Add chile peppers, nuts, parsley, cilantro. With machine running slowly, gradually add oil. Blend until nearly smooth. Add cheese and blend until just blended in. Set aside 1 cup for pork roast. Freeze remaining pesto for up to 1 month. (Makes 2 cups)
This recipe yields 4 servings; 6 carb grams per serving.