Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Grilled Chicken
Servings: 5 servings
This recipe is perfect for summer. Light up the grill and enjoy a light, fresh pasta dish with ricotta, and brightened with lemon zest and spinach.
- 1 pound chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 pound dry linguine, fettucine or spaghetti
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, steamed just until beginning to wilt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, finely shredded, plus more for serving
Cook pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package, reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta. Drain water (reserving 1 cup) and return pasta to pot. Set pot over low heat and add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, 1/2 cup hot reserved pasta water and parmesan and toss to evenly coat. Add in more pasta water as desired to thin. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss in spinach and grilled chicken. Serve warm topped with more parmesan if desired. NOTE: I recommend brushing the chicken lightly with olive oil and season both sides salt, pepper and garlic powder before grilling.