- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 pounds turkey cutlets
- 1 Japanese or small Italian eggplant cut 3/4" cubes
- 1 small zucchini cut 3/4" cubes
- 1 small red pepper cut 3/4" pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms - (4 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (such as Pomi)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 packet sugar substitute
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle cutlets with salt and pepper. Cook cutlets 3 minutes per side, just until lightly golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add eggplant, zucchini, and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, garlic, tomato puree, basil, and sugar substitute. Mix well; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Return turkey and accumulated juices to skillet. Cook, uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, just until turkey is heated through.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 61.5 grams
Fat: 15.5 grams