Roasted Ratatouille Bisque
Eggplant, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic are oven-roasted, then most of the vegetables are puréed with reduced-sodium chicken broth for this healthy take on a classic French bisque.
3 weightwatcher points.
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into 1" chunks
- 1 medium pepper(s), red, bell cored, seeded, and chopped into 1" chunks
- 1 large onion, Spanish cut into 1" chunks
- 1 large zucchini (about 12 ounces), chopped into 1" chunks
- 6 large tomato(es), plum (about 1 pound) quartered lengthwise
- 4 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon thyme, fresh
- 3 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- salt to taste
- peppercorns, black freshly ground, to taste
- 2 cup(s) broth, chicken, fat-free, less sodium
- basil, fresh thinly sliced
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets or pans with foil.
2 In large bowl, toss eggplant, bell peppers, onion, zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic with thyme, oil, salt and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheets. Roast 45 to 60 minutes, until vegetables are softened and charred, stirring occasionally, to ensure vegetables don’t stick to the pan.
3 Remove pan from oven; transfer most of the vegetables to a blender or food processor. Add 2 cups of the broth into blender; puree until smooth. Pour puree into a large saucepan over low heat, if desired, add more broth to adjust consistency. Dice remaining vegetables; add to pot and warm though. Garnish servings with basil.
You'll also love
- Hazelnut Tea Cake with Moscato... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Upside-Down Plum Cake from... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato Salad 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe