Mustard-And-Onion-Sauced Cornish Hens
- 2 Cornish game hens - (1 to 1 1/2 lbs ea)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin or pure olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 tspn regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange hens breast-side up on a broiler pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the oil over the hens, spreading over entire surface. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook onion 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add wine, and boil 30 seconds; stir in mustard and thyme and remove from heat.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Spoon sauce over breasts of hens (try to keep the chunky part of mixture on top of the birds). Bake 10 to 20 minutes more, until juices inside the thigh joint run clear when pierced with a knife.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 81 grams
Fat: 79 grams
You'll also love
- Mock Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Vinaigrette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon And Parmesan Turkey Cutlets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kenyan Curried Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Style Stuffed Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens With Peach-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon And Onion Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Faced Cheddar Sandwiches... 0/5 (0 Votes)