Ocean Spray Cranberry Cake
A nice light cake, perfect for after a large meal. Depending on the size of the pieces, it could easily serve 16 people.
- 2 1/2 c. (750 ml) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. (3 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- 3/4 c. (175 ml) combination of butter & veg. shortening (half and half)
- 1 2/3 c. (420 ml) sugar
- 3 fresh eggs
- 3/4 c. (175 ml) buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 3/4 c. (175 ml) Ocean Spray® fresh or frozen cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 c. (500 ml) whipping cream 35%
- 3/4 c. (175 ml) confectioners’ sugar
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 2 round 9"(23 cm) baking pans and sprinkle lightly with flour.
In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter/shortening & sugar. Gradually add eggs, beating well after each, until thoroughly combined. At low speed, incorporate dry ingr., alternating with milk. Stir in grated lemon rind & cranberries.
Spoon mixture into prepared pans & bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pans for about 45 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
In a bowl, whisk whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add in confectioners’ sugar while continuing to beat.
Slice both cakes in half horizontally in order to obtain a total of 4 cakes.
Spread cream on base of cake, and then cover with another layer of cake. Repeat steps with remaining layers. Top entire cake with the rest of the whipped cream
Chill in refrigerator before serving.
You'll also love
- White Bean and Pasta Soup 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken w/ Broccoli... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pomegranate Caramelized Onions 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Pickled Banana Pepper Rings 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberry-Lemon Detox Drink 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Tart 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cranberry Upside-Down Cake 4.4/5 (10 Votes)