Candied popcorn is so easy to make with this recipe! This recipe can be personalized to whatever holiday or occasion you're celebrating just use different colors and flavors of gelatin to make festive candied popcorn for any occasion. Package this sweet treat up in decorative boxes, bags, or other specialty containers for a gift all of your friends and family will love.
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cherry or other flavored gelatin
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from amomnotapro.blogspot.com
Heat oven to 300ºF. Line large shallow roasting pan with heavy foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil.
Remove out all unpopped kernels from the popcorn and pour into prepared pan. Keep warm in oven.
Mix sweetened condensed milk and dry gelatin in medium saucepan. Heat and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, 4 to 5 minutes. (for easy clean up soak in hot water immediately)
Pour mixture over popcorn. Stir gently to coat using a long-handled wooden spoon. Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Carefully turn out onto large piece of lightly buttered foil. Cool. Break into pieces or clusters.
You'll also love
- Pea Pesto 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pizza Wheels (Pizza Party Buns) 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Healthy Paleo Fudge 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini & Olive Oil Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Italian 7-Layer Dip 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Indian-Spiced Tomato Salsa 4.8/5 (5 Votes)