Pecan-Topped Carrot Pie
People are often surprised to learn that carrots are the main ingredient in this tasty pecan pie. It's a different twist!
- 4 cups fresh carrots, sliced
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 80mins
Add 1 inch of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 9 to 11 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
Place the carrots, milk, eggs, pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
Bake at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and edges are browned. Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
You'll also love
- Edamame & Ricotta Toasts 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Hungarian Barley Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cut-Out Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Eggplant - 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Low Fat Chocolate Raspberry Mousse... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chocolate Meringue Pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Easy Orange-Carrot... 3.6/5 (146 Votes)