From GE Appliances website. Made it February 2015. Served it on basmati rice with chicken sausage cut up and mixed in. I think it would also be good served with shredded cheddar cheese on top. Great leftover for lunch!
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced or prepared baby carrots
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (use more if fresh is used)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (use more if fresh is used)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large crock-pot.
Cook on low for about 8 hours, checking occasionally to make sure water has not been completely absorbed.
If so, add some more. Serve over rice. Serves 4 to 6.
Can add ham or bacon to lentils if desired.