Baked ziti and garlic bread
- for ziti:
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz ziti
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato sauce
- for garlic bread:
- 1/2 loaf italian bread
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and reserve.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, 1/4 cup parmesan and half the mozzarella. Season well.
In the bottom of a shallow 2 quart casserole dish, spread half the tomato sauce. Top with ziti, then ricotta mixture and rest of sauce. Sprinkle with rest of parmesan and mozzarella. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, bake until top is brown, 20-25 minutes.
To make bread:
make deep even cuts into the bread about 1/2 inch apart, not through to the bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic, season well. Brush garlic butter between cuts in bread. Wrap bread in foil, bake with ziti for last 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti with caramelized onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheese ravioli with brown butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Bundt Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked potato chips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettucini Alfredo with Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Appetizer - Garlic and Romano... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)