Baked Ziti with sausage (for two)
- 1/3 (16 ounce) package dry ziti pasta
- 1/3 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 large yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
- scant 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/3 (8 ounce) package shredded Italian cheese blend
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
2. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the ziti, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
3. While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, and cook and stir until brown, about 10 minutes. Drain sausage and set aside.
4. Stir together the ricotta, egg, onion, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl until well combined. Stir in the drained pasta, the drained sausage, salt, pepper, and ½ jar of the spaghetti sauce; mix well.
5. In the prepared baking dish, cover the bottom with ⅓ jar of spaghetti sauce. Layer ½ of the pasta mixture, ⅓ jar of spaghetti sauce, and ½ of the shredded cheese. Then layer the remaining ½ of the pasta, ⅓ of the sauce, and ½ of the cheese. Sprinkle with basil. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes. Uncover; return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 more minutes.
You'll also love
- Cajun Jambalaya Pasta 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ziti 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mel's Classic Macaroni & Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Pesto & Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beefy Cowboy Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rigatoni alla Buttera 0/5 (0 Votes)