Buffalo Wing Popcorn
Try this recipe for Buffalo Wing Popcorn for your next movie night! Frank's Red Hot sauce and butter combine with caramel to create a spicy, sweet, salty snack.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 8 cups popped plain popcorn, from 1/2 cup kernels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat parchment and a large bowl with nonstick spray; add popcorn to bowl. Set baking sheet aside.
Bring sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil, swirling pan occasionally, until caramel is a deep amber color, 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in hot sauce and butter (mixture will bubble vigorously). Return to a boil and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salt, baking soda, and cayenne. Working quickly (and carefully—caramel will be very hot), pour caramel mixture over popcorn and toss to coat.
Spread out popcorn on prepared baking sheet and bake, tossing once, until dry, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
DO AHEAD: Popcorn can be made 4 hours ahead. Store airtight at room temperature to keep out moisture.
You'll also love
- Beef and Potato Stew 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Linguine with Parmesan... 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Fig, Pancetta, & Goat Cheese... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Grilled Cheese-Tomato Soup... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Fresh Lemon Mousse 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cajun Chili with Scallion Corn... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Haitian Corn & Sweet Potato Soup 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cookies 4.5/5 (21 Votes)