Cashews with Sea Salt & Black Pepper
Simple yet delightful, these salt and pepper cashews are easy to make and taste delicious! Set this snack out at your next party and your guests are sure to be impressed.
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower or peanut oil (Sunflower has a milder taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
Preparation time 3mins
Cooking time 13mins
In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add cashews. Stirring occasionally, cook until cashews are just toasted.
Using a slotted spoon, remove cashews from the pan onto a paper towel. Do not wipe the oil from the cashews completely. Just let whatever touches the paper towel absorb but leave the rest so salt and pepper can adhere well.
Place cashews in a medium sized bowl and add salt and pepper.
Let cool, or better yet, give 24 hours before serving for optimum flavor.
Cashews will keep for 2-3 weeks in pantry or up to 3 months in refrigerator.
Cook's note: If you find you have added too much salt or pepper, lightly toss in paper towel and let excess just fall off. You want the black pepper flavor to be spicy for this recipe.
You'll also love
- Candied Pecans 4.4/5 (129 Votes)
- Winter Squash Gnocchi with Brown... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Winter Caprese Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Citrus-Marinated Turkey 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Liver Pâté &... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Gingerbread Ice Cream... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Fried Pickle Poppers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)